Ad Ops Mgr
Advantage Unified Commerce – a large player in the Omni-Commerce space – is looking for detail-oriented and data-focused professional to join its Advertising Operations Team. Having reached a critical point in our evolution, we are undertaking efforts to become more efficient and effective in how we execute the logistics of our advertising, data. analytics and technology projects. As such, the person hired for this role would play an important part in improving our approach to media trafficking, tagging, and data processes.
The Advertising Operations Manager sits between our Analytics and Media practices and will be responsible for helping to develop and execute against standards for media trafficking, tracking, website tagging, associated marketing technologies, and documentation. This person will oversee a Specialist, together ensuring that marketing campaigns and related technology tasks are expertly executed. Emphasis will be placed on not only the effective completion of work, but also the ongoing evolution of how we work. There is room for the person in this role to grow their responsibilities and to develop new capabilities for the agency; and in fact, this kind of ambition is encouraged!
- Work with Media and Analytics leadership to establish the structure needed to support all Ad Ops tasks.
- Pioneer our agency's technology processes and systems by conducting gap analyses, platform and tools audits, providing recommendations for implementation, and leading final implementations
- Develop best practices and documentation to ensure our practice is consistent and scalable.
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine requirements, devise strategies, and execute tasks to support optimal management of marketing technologies.
- Organize and manage media trafficking efforts; ensuring campaigns are properly configured and executed in a timely manner.
- Field and execute tagging requests for media-side and site-side tracking; collaborating with the Analytics team to ensure optimal data practices.
- Oversee QA processes for assigned clients
- Responsible for leading a team of Ad Ops Specialists. Must be interested in leadership, mentorship, and building the careers of others
- Oversee Trafficking Sheet (T-Sheet) development and adherence to process for assigned clients
- Responsible for tag creation and implementation for assigned clients
- Pursue continuous improvement of supporting processes and technologies and help to shepherd changes among stakeholders.
- Development of subject-matter expertise in marketing technology; e.g. DCO, tracking/"cookie-less future" considerations, etc.
- Intellectually curious, analytical, and a systems-oriented thinker.
- Has previously mentored and/or managed junior staff in a marketing or technology role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to help collaborate across teams and manage direct reports.
- Experience working with digital media campaigns and/or site-side tagging is required.
- Experience with Google Marketing Platform (e.g. Campaign Manager, AdWords), Facebook Ads, and similar tools is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, is preferred.
- Experience with site-side Analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) is preferred.
- Experience with Tag Management (e.g. Google Tag Manager) is preferred.
- Experience with presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint, Keynote) is preferred.
- Agency experience (from an internship or other full-time role) is a plus.
- Experience with databasing or other data management practices is a plus.
- 2 or more years’ experience in ad serving and advertising technology management
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2022-419562