Category Assortment Manager
Category Assortment Manager
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses!
The Category Assortment Manager will play a critical role in ensuring that our category assortments deliver on this promise! The Category Assortment Manager will lead a team of Assortment Analysts that will assist using i2e Assortment Optimization software producing customer centric assortment recommendations. This role will work in direct collaboration with our National and Divisional Merchandising Teams to ensure that our assortments reflect our national and local strategies. The Category Assortment Manager oversees collaboration efforts for all key stake holders during i2e Assortment Optimization strategic planning meetings. This position is responsible for driving our Winning Model Assortment process ensuring key business objectives are achieved driving market share and sales. The Category Assortment Manager will work closely with the National Category Director, Assistant Category Manager, Category Advisor & Division merchandising personnel.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Responsible for the execution of the Winning Model Assortment process utilizing i2e Assortment Optimization
- Provides i2e Assortment Optimizationtool expertise to the National Category Director Team during assortment process to ensure data based customer centric assortments are delivered
- Responsible for driving assortment timelines and executing a successful assortment handoff for Schematic Production
- Lead process to collaborate with Division Assistant Sales Managers to understand and collect key objectives for local assortment, clusters, and other schematic variants
- Present divisional “local” assortment recommendations to National Category Director for alignment
- Leads a team of Assortment Analysts to execute Division, Cluster, Variant, Store Specific & Set Size Assortment
- Responsible for the merchandised execution of Full Variety, Most Common and Small Store i2e ‘Blueprint Model’ Planograms for all ACI Divisions
- Leads collaboration work effort with Manufacturer Category Advisor throughout the Winning Model Assortment process
- Builds strong working relationships with supporting teams and partners (Symphony RetailAi, CATaylst ,OWN Brands, Division ASM’s & Schematics)
- Leads i2e Assortment Optimizationplanning sessions in partnership with NCD/ACM, Category Advisor, CATaylst and Schematic Managers to develop a robust i2e assortment strategy
- Corroborates with NCD/ACMs on all NICI projects ensuring prompt execution in i2e NICI Assortment
- Responsible for the generation of the Replenishment Action Reportat the conclusion of the assortment phase
- Reports i2e technology issues to SRAi Center of Excellence and provides any necessary trouble shooting and testing support
- Serves as Albertsons Companies champion for continued i2e Assortment Optimization enhancements
- Coaches and trains NCD/ACM’s/Category Advisor on tool functionality, tips and tricks and best practices
- Coaches and mentors Assortment Analyst to effectively leverage i2e Assortment Optimization to make data led customer centric assortment recommendations
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert in i2e Assortment Optimization with a solid understanding of supporting applications (Web View, SPHQ, Planogram Automation, SSIMS, Syndigo)
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures found in Marketing organizations, consulting firms or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years managerial and supervisory experience in Merchandising
- Minimum 5 years food retail merchandising, consumer packaged goods marketing and/or category management experience required.
- Minimum 2 years planning, organizing, negotiating, and communicating experience.
- 2-3 years project management experience.
- Skilled user of PC, Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
- Expert knowledge or retail, CPGs, and shopping behavior.
- Knowledge of Albertsons Companies operations, including the promotional, pricing and store stocking systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of Catalyst processes and procedures.
- Broad knowledge of Catalyst merchandising and placement processes and initiatives. Extensive non-perishable product knowledge.
Skills and Background:
- Proven strategic management experience, transforming vision into actionable strategies.
- Ability to develop and champion new ideas and solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating/influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation skills with the ability to communicate with Management.
- Strong detail orientation. High degree of initiative and results orientation.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, modeling, data manipulation tools, and relational databases.
- Strong management skills with ability to develop new talent.
- Broad knowledge of SSIMS, VTSO, i2e, Microsoft Office.
- Team oriented with excellent time management and organization skills.
- Customer service oriented with ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations.