Data Engineer II (Remote)
Data Engineer II (Remote)
Advantage Intelligence, a software development arm of Advantage Solutions (NASDAQ: ADV), is growing and in need of a motivated and adaptable individual to build out the data science function within engineering. The successful candidate will enable both a consulting and product approach to ML, where some initiatives are focused on delivering 1-time insights, while other initiatives are focused on building ML functionality into new and existing software products. This is a new hire due to growth.
The position is remote eligible (in the US).
- Work with your team in an agile methodology to develop software according to requirements
- Write well-formatted, commented code which is readable and self-documenting
- Deliver work on time and to specification with minimal corrective input from seniors or leads
- Read and understand user stories and provide accurate estimates for work
- Follow coding conventions and standards
- Build services with multiple end points intended for customer/client consumption
- Support and maintain new and existing solutions
- Accept guidance/mentorship from senior developers on patterns, practices, and data structures
- Punctually attend regular stand-up meetings to discuss work and help remove roadblocks for yourself and others
- Write unit and/or integration tests to provide a proof for your work and to increase quality and trust in deployments
- Invest in yourself: sharpen and broaden skills, internalize feedback from your peers, and improve from your mistakes
- Work closely with other developers in collaborative programming habits such as pair programming
- Contribute to conversations with stakeholders and senior devs about implementation of requirements
- Participate in regular team huddles (voice calls) or team chats about progress of work, and be open and communicative with your team lead about status
- Above all else, top-notch collaboration and communication (verbal and written) skills are critical
- 1+ year of experience working on professional software projects in a collaborative agile environment
- 2+ years of experience in C#, C++, or Java
- Some experience with any combination of Python, Go, Ruby, or Typescript
- Experienced in using Unix-style operating systems (Mac, Linux) and Windows
- 1+ year of experience using Git for intermediate use cases such as branching, rebasing, cherry-picking, and reverting commits
- Excellent time management capabilities
The salary range for this role is $85,000-$115,000.
Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC dba Atlas Technology Group (“Atlas”) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2023-426889