Director of Accounting
Director of Accounting
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a Director of Accounting position who will serve as head of the accounting function for the company’s largest division, which is comprised of multiple business units. The Director will lead the Accounting team, overseeing day-to-day transactional work, own the monthly close process and ensure the accuracy of reported financial results. The position reports to the VP of Finance, with exposure to the senior finance leadership team.
The position will oversee almost 40 business units which include multinationals, supermarket chains, financial institutions, small manufacturing companies, and universities. The Manager will lead a small team of accountants covering a wide range of initiatives and will need to be comfortable managing multiple projects, initiatives, and competing priorities. The successful candidate should have operated successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Serve as a functional leader providing guidance and direction to Accounting team, as well functional expert resolving technical accounting treatment questions.
- Responsible for the month-end close process and integrity of financial results for the entire division, including P&L and balance sheet.
- Manage Accounting team including optimizing organizational structure, hiring and developing staff, assigning duties, evaluating performance, and ensuring quality results.
- Work with M&A team to successfully integrate new acquisitions onto Company systems and processes.
- Coordinate with AR and AP areas to ensure proper revenue recognition and payment of expenses – be a thought leader in streamlining processes around these functions.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, identifying and implementing best practices in the Accounting and Finance functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent job-related experience is required; MBA Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years progressively responsible related financial experience required
- 10+ years of credible accounting and reporting background with substantial experience in accounting closes, consolidations, financial reporting, audits, budgeting, and forecasting
- 5-8+ years of supervisory experience in medium to large teams
- Experience with significant revenue and relevant industries
- Advanced Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
The salary range for this role is $160,000-$180,000