JR. COPYWRITER - GROCERY BRAND
Are you a major foodie? Do you consider yourself chronically online and fluent in the latest social trends? Are you an avid creator who can’t wait to put your own spin on a trending recipe or try out a new transition? If so, have we got a job for you.
AMP Agency is looking for a motivated Junior Copywriter to join our creative team. This Junior Copywriter will develop concepts and written content for a leading grocery brand across social and digital marketing channels, as well as participate in monthly social content shoots in our Boston studio space. The person in this role will be responsible for all aspects of copywriting, from ideation through execution, crafting concept statements, headlines, caption copy, scripts, and more. Reporting to a Senior Copywriter and working alongside Art Directors, Content Creators, Strategists, and Media Planners, the Junior Copywriter will participate in brainstorms, craft compelling copy, and present work internally as needed.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, extremely organized, detail oriented, and highly driven. The Junior Copywriter will work across both digital and social teams, as well as other accounts and teams within the agency as needed, the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities while meeting client expectations and timelines is crucial. Our client work is deeply rooted in social media, so an unfiltered passion for not only consuming but creating social content is a must.
This is a remote position, but you must be based in the Boston, MA area to travel to and attend monthly in-person content shoots.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Creative Marketing Development
- Report to Senior leads while working with creative team to ideate and execute digital and social deliverables for a variety of audiences and media channels.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop ideas into social and digital executions, aligning with annual strategies, short-term social and digital campaigns, and always-on content to drive engagement and achieve established success metrics.
- Maintain consistent brand story and tone across all outputs of a campaign.
- Effortlessly pivot voice and tone according to brand.
- Work with Content Strategists, Project Managers, Designers, and Senior Creatives to develop monthly social content calendars and campaign creative.
- Attend internal and client creative reviews, presenting work as needed.
- Keep on the pulse of the latest social media best practices and trends.
- Proactively bring ideas to the table, voice a POV, and get deliverables across the finish line.
- Manage multiple projects on a daily basis.
- Develop strong relationships and trust with Creative team members.
- Participate in and attend 1-2 day monthly social content shoots in our Boston studio space.
- Edit and proofread copy to ensure accuracy and adherence to brand guidelines for both paid and organic social content.
- Learn from senior copywriters and actively seek feedback to improve writing skills, encompassing both paid and organic social content.
- This is an entry-level position (0-2 years of experience).
- Agency experience is not a requirement, however equivalent experience working for an in-house creative or marketing team, including as an intern, is preferred.
- A strong portfolio of professional and/or speculative creative work with examples of writing/thinking to demonstrate abilities is required.
- Independently active on social channels, with primary focus on TikTok and Instagram.
- Understanding of best practices for social and digital marketing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills and the ability to adapt voice and tone from brand to brand.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
- Demonstrated interest in keeping up with emerging technologies and digital marketing trends.
- Passion for and knowledge of internet culture and the latest social trends.
- Ability to participate in and attend monthly content shoots in our Boston studio space, which can involve standing for ~8 hours a day.
- Interest in food styling and social video content creation is not a requirement, but preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit resume and portfolio link.
- In lieu of a cover letter, get creative and show us what you’d bring to the table. Maybe you write a haiku about what makes you the best fit, or make us a TikTok that tells us why you’re our new copywriter without telling us why you’re our new copywriter, or curate your ultimate Spotify playlist. Take this as an opportunity to show us your chops.