Advantage Unified Commerce is built to be the world’s most effective commerce marketing agency. We bring integration to a layered and siloed landscape, unifying strategy, analytics, creative, media, ecommerce and trade marketing to unlock commerce potential for some of the world’s best-known brands. From Retail Media Networks and social commerce to last-mile delivery and in-store activation, we are everywhere that people shop and buy.
The Media Planner is responsible for supporting day-to-day planning and implementation of commerce media programs across digital channels. S/he is a self-starter and adept at using audience insights and data to inform planning, substantiate hypotheses, evaluate results, and drive optimization.
- Support day-to-day project team in planning, buying and management of commerce media campaigns for assigned accounts
- Research potential media partners, develop program RFPs, and evaluate opportunities
- Conduct audience research via syndicated data and research (e.g., Simmons MRI, Kantar, eMarketer)
- Collaborate with vendors to schedule meetings, gather ad specs/program requirements and update production sheets
- Facilitate media plan development and oversee inventory procurement, including contracting, spec gathering and ad trafficking
- For platform media, set up and manage campaign architecture, targeting and bid strategies, QA and in-platform optimizations
- Manage in-market programs to ensure delivery, performance and optimizations are on track and recognize account performance trends worth escalating (good or bad)
- Collaborate with Analytics to ensure proper tagging, reporting, insights and optimization takes place
- Manage program budgets, invoicing and billing reconciliation
- Manage junior team members as needed
- 2-5 years hands-on digital media planning and buying experience across a variety of formats (e.g., display, native, video/CTV, audio, search, social, mobile, DOOH, email) in direct and/or programmatic environments; retail media, ecommerce, and/or CPG experience preferred
- Foundational experience with common syndicated research, media planning and ad tech tools (e.g., Kantar, MRI Simmons, Mediaocean, various RMNs, ad servers, and DSPs)
- Able to locate and assemble raw program inputs (e.g., research reports, media kits, performance data)
- Demonstrated experience with digital media planning and buying support, including accurate campaign set up, creative trafficking, QA, optimization, troubleshooting and reporting
- Detail-oriented and well organized with strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Effective time management skills: able to prioritize, respond quickly and appropriately to change, meet deadlines and "manage up" to keep manager/team updated
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
TRAVEL AND/OR DRIVING REQUIREMENTS
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
- Travel up to 20%
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING JOB DUTIES AND DESCRIPTIONS
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. AUC reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. AUC shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2023-428440