Senior Azure Cloud Engineer
Advantage Solutions is seeking a talented Senior Azure Cloud Engineer to join our engineering team with the architecture, scripting (Infrastructure as Code), deployment, support, operations maintenance, as well as continued improvements/upgrades of our enterprise level cloud infrastructure.
This Senior Azure Cloud Engineer position provides design and engineering support for Advantage Solution’s cloud infrastructure applications. It requires experience architecting, deploying, and supporting cloud-based solutions in Azure. As a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for cross functional collaboration to develop, maintain and continuously upgrade our cloud architecture, operations, and support model.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work with technology teams to develop target state cloud architecture, as well as planning for ongoing cloud technology optimization.
- Work with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases.
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval.
- Drive service improvements across the Azure.
- Lead monitoring, management, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of new and existing tools and products.
- Manage/execute POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions.
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, governance, cost controls, etc.
- Keep abreast of and gain expertise in the evolving technology and understand how new technologies could be applied.
- 5-10 years of experience supporting mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization, with minimum 4 years experience working with Azure
- 4+ years deploying/managing cloud-based network infrastructures (can be flexible on years)
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and hands-on experience of migrating workloads to Azure.
- Experience building cloud automation, including CD/CI pipelines using PowerShell, ARM, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, GitOps, Azure DevOps.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, automating its deployment and configuration (manifests/helm/Docker/etc.)
- Good scripting skills in PowerShell for Azure. Ability to create complex automation scripts
- Experience of working with Virtual Machines, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Functions, Azure Automation, App Service, Scale Sets, Azure DevOps, Azure Policy, Azure Monitor, Azure Backup, Azure storage, Application Gateway, Azure DNS, Load Balancer.
- Desirable experience of Machine Learning, Logic Apps, API Management, Service Bus, Event Grid, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Event Hubs, Azure SQL.
- Expertise in creating/updating/maintaining IaC templates
- Experience building High Availability/Fault Tolerant Systems
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Application Insights
- Experience with Windows and Linux platforms
- Good working knowledge of Azure Policy and understanding of cloud governance.
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet
- Possess an understanding of system testing including platform, integration, load and scale testing.
- Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
- Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
- Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities