Sr Business Manager - Chewy - REMOTE
Senior Business Manager
About the Business Manager role:
Reporting to the Associate Director Business Management, this role plays a crucial part in our continued growth and success. Business Managers act as the account lead for our clients’ eCommerce business and are responsible for harnessing internal, client, and channel resources to achieve eCommerce objectives. This role is responsible for providing strategic, tactical and operational leadership to our brand partner to grow sales, while maintaining a high focus on expanding the client relationship. In a work-from-home environment, to be successful, you will need to learn quickly, stay on top of new e-commerce trends, and be a motivated, independent worker. Excellent project management skills as well as poise, confidence and strategic thinking go a long way in this role.
- Managing client’s e-commerce account to deliver world class growth by planning & executing all Chewy sales levers - products, pricing, promotions, content, relevancy, etc.
- Understand the needs of the client to ensure expectations are being met (and exceeded), while also understanding the contractual agreement.
- Monitor and update profitability at the item level to ensure decisions are made on up-to-date metrics.
- Oversee new item set up and problem resolution of existing items.
- Oversee content updates and optimizations for product detail pages.
- Manage variation strategy and monitor regularly for improvements, utilizing A/B testing when applicable.
- Detailed, analytical project manager able to work independently to prioritize and multitask.
- Communicating with, collaborating with, and presenting to our client regularly as their account executive and main point of contact at Advantage Unified Commerce - we are strategic business partners for our client.
- Weekly and/or monthly reporting on sales, inventory, new product launches, and overall business status.
- Support new innovation and transition management through page set up completion, variation creation, coupon management, and reporting.
- Develop ad-hoc crisis management reporting to help make proactive business decisions
- Work with our internal data analytics team to develop meaningful and custom reporting capabilities, while providing insights and recommendations based upon the data.
- Keeping up and institutionalizing the changes in our fast-paced world of e-commerce. Lead training sessions with client and internal teams for best-in-class practices.
- Actively engaging in company culture and leadership, driving a fun, positive, virtual work environment that is scalable, collaborative and results oriented. This is a leadership position and as such setting a good example is key.
- We are looking for a blend of Chewy/eCommerce sales experience, agency experience, consumer product industry experience, and team leadership experience.
- Executional experience with Chewy is strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Client/account management experience.
- Strong communication skills, reliability, integrity, maturity, presence, confidence, and ability to self-start.
- Experience conducting quantitative analyses.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a highly complex and fast paced environment.
- Proven track record for delivering results, rising to the challenge, and being part of a fast growing company is definitely a plus.
- Must be comfortable with the learning curve/constant change that comes with operating in the fast moving, ever changing world of eCommerce.
- High level of proficiency in Google sheets/slides/docs or Office equivalent.
- Experience using Excel/Sheets including Pivot Tables, VLookups, Sumifs, Charts, etc.
- Experience and success working from home as part of a virtual, remote culture. This includes a dedicated, quiet space as the role is not suitable for coffee shops, while traveling, or for those without child care.
- High desire to learn and seek answers for your client and teammates.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience that includes base salary, 401K eligibility, health insurance and monthly stipend for phone.