Sr Demand Planner - Remote
Senior Demand Planner (REMOTE)
Advantage Digital Commerce / Quiverr-Quantum group provides an essential set of services and solutions for finding growth opportunities and uncovering efficiencies in today’s complex, multi-platform marketplace.
The Senior Demand Planner serves as a key member of the Quiverr Operations Team and is responsible for satisfying the needs of stakeholders in the chain of business processes which connect our global supply partners, the Company, and its customers. The Demand Planner is responsible for managing the sales forecasting, demand planning, inventory, and allocation processes. This role will manage and facilitate brand sales management across multiple marketplace channels and oversee sales forecasting activities.
Growth will be fueled by an aggressive push into new markets, a robust product roadmap, and brand/line extensions. With growth, Quiverr-Quantum will continue to evolve its business model, placing greater emphasis on differentiation via superior performance of its internal operations and supply chain.
- Responsible for managing the sales forecasting, demand planning, inventory, and allocation processes.
- Ensure that appropriate forecasting processes and methods are being followed, as well as create mechanism to maintain data integrity.
- Oversee forecasts and buy plans for a SKU catalog that include complex assembly and bundling.
- Accountable for KPIs inclusive of inventory turns, forecast accuracy, and inventory metrics, to drive quantifiable business results.
- Assist in developing inventory strategies for existing items, new products, and discontinued SKUs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our internal teams, while also building a solid service-support based relationship with our external brand and 3PL partners that will ensure synergies and collaboration across our organization.
- Build new product launch forecasts to support company growth and accurately create demand projections for the logistics, brand management and finance teams.
- Analyze reporting to monitor and identify areas of opportunity and mitigate potential risks.
- Proactively identify and solve for issues that impact internal teams.
Your background should include and or exhibit:
- 3+ years of experience as a Demand Planner in a high growth retail, CPG or e-commerce company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Business Management or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Hands on experience managing planning, inventory and allocations for e-commerce and marketplace channels such as Amazon and Walmart.com.
- Supply chain experience and knowledge of business planning processes, especially S&OP.
- Analytical experience.
- Exceptional skills in Excel.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in both verbal and in written form across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, multi-tasking, and ability to present information and solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload in a fast-paced environment
Additional Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Travel (<10%) domestic
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Master the forecasting system and develop an understanding of inherent logic to become more effective at core job responsibilities
- Manage forecasts and any exceptions for all assigned commodities within the forecasting system; utilize business intelligence, causal data inputs and forecasting expertise to add value
- Provide expertise and direction in the development of sales forecasts, and use targeted reporting to support stakeholders based on their specific needs
- Accountable for sales-based commodity forecasting, which drives all ordering decisions, for all divisions within the enterprise
- Manage turn and promotional forecasts down to the store level based on relevant data (e.g., customer sales history)
Collaboration with multifunctional resources
- Collaborate daily with replenishment buyers, category managers and suppliers to gather additional feedback on the forecast, make necessary adjustments and target key vendors or items that need attention
- Analyze low-performing forecasts and take appropriate action to achieve assigned goals
- Utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPI) dashboard on a daily/weekly cadence to understand and report out results and take action to ensure goals are achieved
Competitive Activity Analysis
- Perform statistical analysis in order to make decisions/recommendations for the department
- Research and understand analysis market conditions, as well as retail trends, and plan for known events in a timely manner
- Provide support in problem solving critical issues and taking ownership of assigned projects to add measurable value
- Reduce unnecessary inventory for assigned commodities to improve in-stock condition through commodity expertise
- This position has the possibility of supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction, training and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Finance, Supply Chain, Operations, or related field
3-5 Years of experience in buying, procurement, inventory management, forecasting, etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
Ability to Work Independently & Prioritize with minimal supervision, in order to Meet Deadlines
Ability to Exercise Sound Judgement
Ability to Gather Data, Compile Information, & Prepare Reports
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.