Senior Vice President Operations
We are seeking a highly dynamic and talented Sr Vice President of Operations & Strategy, who is responsible for leading the division across all these areas and more:
- P&L across division, department, product & solutions
- Business Planning near term (0-18months) as well as the 5-year plan
- Own the Strategic Plan that drives our roadmap to deliver exceptional growth and ROI
- Lead the team through our “build, buy or partner” process to create resource plans, M&A identification, and the creation of strategic partnerships to fuel our growth
- Revenue and expense management
- Program & Change Management
- Lead both a team of directs as well as cross functionally
- Partner with HR to recruit, grow and retain talent
- Partner with accounting and FP&A to deliver our forecasted commitments
We have created a “Start Up” inside of Advantage Solutions that will deliver data and decisioning solutions based on our own software products, in combination with the retail ecosystem. And we do this to sustainably boost the experience and environment of all consumers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities for self and directs
- Lead budget development planning, guidance, preparation and updating of budget submissions, including capital expenditures
- Partner with Executive Leadership to create, define and execute the long-term strategy for Advantage Intelligence.
- Secure and align resources to enable the long-term strategy for AI ( Advantage Intelligence)
- Measure and evaluate operational activity against the go-to-market strategy and intended results.
- Ensure review reporting and analysis to assure proper financials and explanations are provided for leadership review.
- Manage & Lead both Revenue and Overhead projections in year to the agreed budgets – proposing action plans and change to optimize
- Develop and implement various KPI reports for monthly reviews.
- Build processes and infrastructure to enable scalable, measurable and profitable growth
- Set expectations and interface closely with all stakeholders on the Executive Leadership Team on performance against execution goals
- Oversee management of resource in partnership with executive team through prioritization, workload balancing/utilization, employee recognition/rewards and staff development to keep unplanned turnover at a minimum and staff morale high.
- Make adjustments and optimize service quality to maximize our one-to-one consumer interactions
- Work closely across the division to maximize processes
- Identify gaps and best practices in operations to drive continuous improvement.
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Master's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of general/leadership experience in an operations environment, including P&L responsibility (budgeting, forecasting, etc.)
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- SAS / Tech experience a huge plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Expert level influencing skills – ability to manage internal and external boundaries, set expectations, and build alignment at varying management levels/client interface
- Expert level execution skills - ability to coordinate mutually agreed expectations of what is promised to the customer into measureable business results
- Expert level credibility skills – ability to use personal effectiveness to link relationships, processes, and business methodologies with cost-saving activities
- Excellent strategic thinking and process development skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a highly complex environment
- Team player with good people skills
- Ability to manage and develop a team of 6 or more employees, including direct and indirect reports
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.