Vice President of IT, ERP
As the Vice President of Information Technology - ERP, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the implementation, maintenance, and optimization of SAP S/4 HANA system within the Advantage Solutions Company. ERP transformation is a key business transformation initiative for Advantage Solutions which is building a reliable and scalable SAP backbone to support the business initiatives in the areas of Finance, Order Management and Procurement. You will drive and lead this effort.
You will collaborate with various stakeholders, including senior executives, department heads, and IT teams, to ensure effective utilization of ERP solutions to enhance business operations, streamline processes, and drive organizational growth.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (Describe the major duties of the job. List the Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
ERP Strategy and Leadership:
• Develop and execute the ERP strategy and develop a 3 – 5-year roadmap aligned with the organization's goals and objectives.
o Finalize the SAP modules in scope/ out of scope.
o Define and Lead the Application Integration approach.
o Define and build reporting and analytics solutions.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the IT team responsible for SAP S/4 HANA implementation, support, and maintenance.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into effective ERP solutions giving quick wins.
• Ability to identify pain points and opportunities to simplify and rationalize the current application footprint.
• Prioritize ERP Build phases aligned with strategic business priorities.
ERP Implementation and Management:
· Oversee the implementation of SAP S/4 HANA application across the organization, including planning, resource allocation, and budget management. Ensure successful delivery leveraging Industry Best Practices where relevant.
· Manage and Build the SAP Delivery Organization incl. functional teams, development teams, security teams, change and communication teams.
· Manage program scope, timelines, and budget.
· Manage external vendors or consultants as an extension of IT to ensure successful SAP implementation and integration with existing systems.
· Monitor project timelines, deliverables, and milestones to ensure timely and high-quality SAP deployment.
· Provide solution leadership and keep project moving forward working closely with business and IT teams.
· Responsible for status management and reporting at the project and steerco levels.
· Leverage IT teams across architecture, PMO, Data, Integration to ensure successful delivery.
System Optimization and Enhancements:
· Continuously evaluate and improve ERP systems to maximize their efficiency, reliability, and scalability.
· Identify opportunities for process automation, data analytics, and integration with other business systems.
· Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge.
· Collaborate with department heads, business leaders, and end-users to understand their ERP needs and address any issues or challenges.
· Foster strong partnerships with stakeholders to align ERP capabilities with business strategies and objectives.
· Facilitate training and change management initiatives to ensure effective adoption and utilization of ERP systems.
Governance and Compliance:
· Develop and enforce IT policies, procedures, and standards related to ERP systems.
· Ensure compliance with data security, privacy, and regulatory requirements.
· Mitigate risks associated with ERP systems, such as data integrity, system availability, and disaster recovery.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
- Travel up to 25 %
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Bachelor’s or relevant experience in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- Proven experience (10+ years) in SAP implementations ideally in SAP FI/CO and management in a leadership role.
- Large Program management and delivery experience in SAP managing business case creation, vendor selection, team organization and project management. Should have managed 3 – 5 large programs in similar sized clients.
- Implementation experience with SAP S/4 HANA is a big plus.
- Ability to identify risks and issues based on experience and mitigate the same in a timely manner to meet project timelines.
- Create RFPs, review responses and finalize vendors as an extension of IT team working with strategic sourcing
- Experience developing best practices in project management methodologies and guiding others to successfully execute project management of a full project lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of business processes, including finance, order management and procurement.
- CPG/ Retail experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams, manage projects, and deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills to identify and address business challenges using ERP solutions.
- Familiarity with IT governance, compliance, and risk management frameworks.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Build Strong working Executive relationships.
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills at Executive and team levels.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate within/ across teams.
- Skill in supervising and delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.