VP of IT, Master Data Management
As Advantage Solutions transforms the way we do business, we are looking to hire a VP-IT Master Data Management (MDM) to oversee the design, implementation, and management of the organization's master data management strategy. This senior position requires a deep understanding of data management best practices, as well as experience leading large-scale data management initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be a deep subject matter expert in running effective master data organizations, especially for enterprise systems, experience with SAP/ Oracle ERP preferred. They will also be adept at executing organizational strategy, influencing non-associated decision makers and leading master data change management efforts across organizational boundaries.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing and implementing a comprehensive master data management strategy that aligns with the overall business objectives.
• Serve as the single point of accountability for Master Data Governance, with focus on the four priority data domains (Material, Customer, Vendor and Finance).
• Lead selection and implementation of MDM application to support the Large ERP Transformation program.
• Design and staff the master data governance operating model; establish standards, processes and onboard necessary tools. Enforce rules and encourage best practices in data management.
• Partnering with cross-functional teams to identify critical data elements, establish data governance policies, and ensure data quality and accuracy.
• Leading the development and implementation of data management tools and systems, including data warehouses, data lakes, and data governance platforms.
• Ensuring compliance with data privacy regulations and other legal requirements related to data management.
• Managing a team of data management professionals, including data architects, data analysts, and data engineers.
• Collaborating with business leaders to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business outcomes and develop data-driven insights.
• Staying current on emerging trends and technologies in master data management and data governance and making recommendations for the adoption of new tools and platforms.
• Manage external vendors or consultants as an extension of IT to ensure successful data systems implementation and integration with existing systems.
• Monitor project timelines, deliverables, and milestones to ensure timely and high-quality Data Systems deployment.
• Leverage IT teams across architecture, PMO, Data, Integration to ensure successful delivery.
• Build repeatable processes around data profiling, cleansing and data conversion.
• Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge.
• Ensure compliance with data security, privacy, and regulatory requirements.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
- Travel up to 25 %
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Bachelor’s or relevant experience in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- Proven experience (10+ years) leading MDM Projects and teams.
- 10+ years of data management/analysis experience, including extensive knowledge of database schemas, data dictionaries, field mappings, data sensitivity, data security, data flows, process analysis, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in multiple areas of MDM including data profiling, metadata acquisition, data migration, validation, and automation
- Implementation experience with MDM Tools like Informatica, Reltio highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MDM Tool’s capabilities in terms of Data Ingestion, Data Quality/Validation, Match/Merge process and logic, MDM tool internal workflows, Lifecycle, and data syndication from MDM tool
- Create RFPs, review responses and finalize vendors as an extension of IT team working with strategic sourcing
- Strong understanding of master data business processes, including finance, order management and procurement.
- CPG/ Retail experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams, manage projects, and deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with IT governance, compliance, and risk management frameworks.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Build Strong working Executive relationships.
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills at Executive and team levels.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate within/ across teams.
- Skill in supervising and delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.